Pondicherry a.k.a. Puducherry

>> Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This is one place I can spend countless days and nights just relaxing by the beaches. If anyone asks me which is your favorite holiday destination, I have only one answer - 'Pondicherry'.

There are 4 beaches in Pondicherry and all of them are just mesmerizing.

The 1.5 km long promenade running along the beach is the pride of puducherry. There one can relax or take a stroll at any time of the day. On the sea front are several land marks.


Seen above - Gandhi statue at Promenade beach. Clicked by me.

My personal favorite is the 'Paradise' beach. The name says it all! Its has the beautiful blue sea and the location is very amazing. You have to travel by boat through the backwaters to reach the beach. Just one word - 'Beauty with serenity'!

Seen above - "Paradise beach":Heaven on Mother Earth! Clicked by me.

Serenity beach is a ten minutes drive to the north of the town. This virgin beach, with its serene surroundings is an ideal place to laze away your day. The Auroville Beach as the name indicates is close to Auroville. It is right off the ECR, opposite the road leading to Auroville.

Apart from the beaches, Pondicherry has very beautiful monuments, heritage buildings and museums which can make anyone's holiday dream come true!



Seen above me relaxing at the Promenade beach road.

Baba

0 comments:

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer.
Most of the photos here are clicked by me. If you have copyrights to any of the images used herewith, please let me know.
This is a non profit attempt to make the world aware about my beautiful country - India!

What the .... ?

Back to TOP